Proceed to
April 18, 2024, 07:12:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to LostPkz!
The owner is Patrick!

You need the client to play!

© LostPkz  2008

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Play Now WebClient Staff List Login Register  

Photoshop Mini Tutorial

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Mini Tutorial  (Read 151 times)
Atomic_Ski
MSN: Bceagles6@aim.com

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:00:12 am »

What you'll make on THIS tutorial

By AtomicFreestyle

What you'll make after experience (took about 10 extra minutes) a real lousy fast job 2.

By AtomicFreestyle

Okay so your now a proud owner of Photoshop CS2. CONGRATS. I'm going to be completely honest with you. Photoshop can be EXTREMELY fun, but also very difficult to learn. I've been working on photoshop for nearly 2 years now, and GIMP (a free program similar to photoshop) for 4 years. I ended up taking a class on photoshop through my high school that I enjoyed.

But that's not to say that you couldn't learn without taking a class. It's very easy to do. There are several important "rules" for a beginner on photoshop.

1. EVERYTHING you want to learn on photoshop can be found through Googleing it.
- For example. If you want to learn how to create ice text google "Ice Text Photoshop tutorial"

2. Practice makes perfect
- Eventually after watching enough tutorials you will be able to do a task without refering back to the instructions
- At that point you want to start experimenting on your own

3. Try all different types of tutorials at first
- You'll learn a bunch of different techniques. If at first you don't understand an instruction, try another tutorial

4. Deviate from the tutorials if you want to really become good.
- You'll make a TON of mistakes before you get it right.
---------------------------------------------------

About photoshop. It may usefull to explore this page about the different tools on photoshop
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/ig/The-Photoshop-CS2-Workspace/

You'll grow accustomed to the different tools. Don't be scared. There are a TON of tools but eventually you'll know the use of every one of them.

For now because I'm not sure how quickly you'll get used to things I'll teach you how to make a very basic Sig. If your not familar with the terms I use sorry. Try to figure it out. If you don't try you'll never learn.
-------------------------------

Create a New Document
-File-New

Under the size change the format to pixels and make it

Width- 400 pixels
Height- 150 pixels

- Now you should have a blank white document in front of you.
- In the colors on your left side toolbar change them to any two of your favorite colors.
- Now go to "Filter" on the top menu
- Than go down to "Render"
- And in that render click "Clouds" (you can experiment with other stuff later)

Now that you have some background color go back to your "Filter" Menu
- Under that you should see a command that says "Filter Gallary"
- CLick on it and explore all the different things you can do. Theres limitless options

FInd one you like and accept it. It should show up on your document now.
-------

It's time to add text. Heres a tricky part. The first "layer" on your document is "locked" so you have to double click it. You may have to search help on "Layers" if you have a problem locating this. Double clicking and than clicking ok on the screen that pops up will unlock it.

Now find the tool on the right hand side (lil box) that creates a new layer and do that.

Now find the text tool and place your text. Change the size shape font all that. Now you have completed a basic sig! keep looking at different tutorials and learning from them. Heres what you may come out with.

By the way I'm going to post this lil guide... with an example of what you can do with experience to that basic sig on the forums. Hope this helps.

If you have ANY questions at all let me know I'll try to help. It's confusing and hard at first, but than you get to put teacher heads on animals and it becomes fun again. good luck

Atomic

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Diego
wanna play with me?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:00:11 am »

What you'll make on THIS tutorial

By AtomicFreestyle

What you'll make after experience (took about 10 extra minutes) a real lousy fast job 2.

By AtomicFreestyle

Okay so your now a proud owner of Photoshop CS2. CONGRATS. I'm going to be completely honest with you. Photoshop can be EXTREMELY fun, but also very difficult to learn. I've been working on photoshop for nearly 2 years now, and GIMP (a free program similar to photoshop) for 4 years. I ended up taking a class on photoshop through my high school that I enjoyed.

But that's not to say that you couldn't learn without taking a class. It's very easy to do. There are several important "rules" for a beginner on photoshop.

1. EVERYTHING you want to learn on photoshop can be found through Googleing it.
- For example. If you want to learn how to create ice text google "Ice Text Photoshop tutorial"

2. Practice makes perfect
- Eventually after watching enough tutorials you will be able to do a task without refering back to the instructions
- At that point you want to start experimenting on your own

3. Try all different types of tutorials at first
- You'll learn a bunch of different techniques. If at first you don't understand an instruction, try another tutorial

4. Deviate from the tutorials if you want to really become good.
- You'll make a TON of mistakes before you get it right.
---------------------------------------------------

About photoshop. It may usefull to explore this page about the different tools on photoshop
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/ig/The-Photoshop-CS2-Workspace/

You'll grow accustomed to the different tools. Don't be scared. There are a TON of tools but eventually you'll know the use of every one of them.

For now because I'm not sure how quickly you'll get used to things I'll teach you how to make a very basic Sig. If your not familar with the terms I use sorry. Try to figure it out. If you don't try you'll never learn.
-------------------------------

Create a New Document
-File-New

Under the size change the format to pixels and make it

Width- 400 pixels
Height- 150 pixels

- Now you should have a blank white document in front of you.
- In the colors on your left side toolbar change them to any two of your favorite colors.
- Now go to "Filter" on the top menu
- Than go down to "Render"
- And in that render click "Clouds" (you can experiment with other stuff later)

Now that you have some background color go back to your "Filter" Menu
- Under that you should see a command that says "Filter Gallary"
- CLick on it and explore all the different things you can do. Theres limitless options

FInd one you like and accept it. It should show up on your document now.
-------

It's time to add text. Heres a tricky part. The first "layer" on your document is "locked" so you have to double click it. You may have to search help on "Layers" if you have a problem locating this. Double clicking and than clicking ok on the screen that pops up will unlock it.

Now find the tool on the right hand side (lil box) that creates a new layer and do that.

Now find the text tool and place your text. Change the size shape font all that. Now you have completed a basic sig! keep looking at different tutorials and learning from them. Heres what you may come out with.

By the way I'm going to post this lil guide... with an example of what you can do with experience to that basic sig on the forums. Hope this helps.

If you have ANY questions at all let me know I'll try to help. It's confusing and hard at first, but than you get to put teacher heads on animals and it becomes fun again. good luck

Atomic

nice tut.
Report Spam   Logged

ALL VOTE FOR LOSTPKZ AT lostpkz.org/vote
Atomic_Ski
MSN: Bceagles6@aim.com

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:14:04 pm »

thanx. originally made it for range plzzz who just got photoshop. Had some fun fooling around with it.  Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum